Day in the Mountains
Monday, April 23, 2018
Begins at 8:00 a.m. in the gym - plan to stay all day
Join us at FRC for a fun and informative day!
• Priority registration for fall classes
• Consult with Academic and Financial Aid Advisors
• Meet students, faculty, staff and coaches
• Learn about support services
• Tour the campus and student housing
• Enjoy a free lunch and outdoor activities
In order to register for fall classes at Day in the Mountains, new students are required to complete items 1-4 prior to the event.
1. Complete the FRC Online Application - Click Here
Once you have completed the application, print the “Signature Page” with your 9 digit Student Identification Number and bring it with you. You will need your identification number to register for classes.
2. Complete the Assessment Test
We use ACCUPLACER for assessment in English, reading and math. The results help determine appropriate class placement. Assessments can be completed the following ways:
• At the FRC Assessment Center: call 1-800-442-9799, ext. 313 for an appointment.
• Special Assessment for Day in the Mountains: Sunday, April 23, at 3:00 p.m. or Monday, April 24, starting at 7:00 a.m. call 1-800-442-9799, ext. 313 for an appointment.
• At any community college that offers ACCUPLACER testing.
If you complete assessment testing at another college, please send a copy of your ACCUPLACER results to Krystal Drybread prior to Day in the Mountains and bring a copy with you.
570 Golden Eagle Ave.
Quincy, CA 95971
or fax it to 530-283-9498
3. Send your High School and/or College Transcripts (contact info above) and bring a copy with you. Transcripts are used along with assessment scores to determine course placement.
4. Complete Online Orientation - Click Here
Once you have reviewed the information you will be asked to take a 10 question quiz. Your quiz results will be automatically submitted to FRC.
Other Things to Consider
Apply for Financial Aid
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be completed online at: www.fafsa.edu.gov. The school code for FRC is 008597.
Financial Aid staff will be available on April 24th to provide assistance and answer questions.
Students with Special Needs
Bring a verification of disability and/or current IEP. If currently a Department of Rehabilitation/WorkAbility client, bring supporting documents.
For more information, visit the Disabled Student Programs and Services page.
If applying for student housing, complete the Housing Application & License Agreement. Click Here for more information. We encourage you to submit the application to the Residence Hall Manager as soon as possible as housing fills up quickly.
|Getting to FRC||Places to Stay||Campus Map|