WebGrants 4 Students         

WebGrants 4 Students (WGS)


The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) has created WebGrants 4 Students (WGS) just for you, the student.

The goal is to provide you with the resources, information and tools needed to assist you with the college financial aid process. WGS will allow you to manage your Cal Grant and/or Chafee account(s) online by letting you view updates, make school changes, make address changes, make corrections, and post leave of absence requests.

It is important for you to understand that your WGS account does not replace your School or FAFSA accounts. Each account must be monitored and managed independently.

Important Note! Starting with the 2017/18 academic year students must create a Web Grants account (https://mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov/logon.asp) and claim their award. If a student doesn’t claim their award and the school doesn’t either, the student will not show up on the schools roster to award for the 2017/18 award year.

Did you know, the California Student Aid Commission's FAFSA Text back campaign with Get Schooled lets you get basic FAFSA questions answered? Get Started Now! Text the word "FAFSA" to 335577. 


If you want to begin exploring your financial aid options and get an early start on the financial aid process, FAFSA4caster is for you! By using FAFSA4caster, you and your family will receive an early estimate of eligibility for federal student aid. This Web site provides you with an opportunity to increase your knowledge of the financial aid process; become familiar with the various types of available federal student aid; and investigate other sources of aid, such as grants and scholarships. Use the FAFSA4caster Now!

Helpful Videos about FAFSA and FSA ID

For additional videos about financial aid, please visit Federal Student Aid's YouTube channel. 

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for federal student aid (financial aid), you must meet the following requirements:

  • • Have a high school diploma, its recognized equivalent (GED) or completed home schooling.
  • • Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen.
  • • Be admitted in a qualified program leading to a degree or certificate.
  • • Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress in your course of study.
  • • Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant for attendance at any institution.
  • • Have turned in all requested documents to Financial Aid.

Steps to Apply for Financial Aid

1) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Feather River College Federal School Code: 008597

Read more on the changes to the 2017-2018 FAFSA process

Submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) allows you to be considered for federal and state grants, federal and state work study programs, and federal student loans. If you filed a FAFSA last year you will be able to save time by completing a Renewal FAFSA. You must know your FSA ID to file a Renewal FAFSA. The FAFSA asks for financial information found mostly on tax returns. If a parent and/or student has not filed a tax return yet, they can use estimated income from their W-2, last pay stub from December and other end-of-year records. We recommend filing your FAFSA electronically at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. Be sure to add our federal school code (008597) to your FAFSA, as this allows us to receive your application.

  • Create an FSA ID
    As of May 10, 2015, students must have an FSA ID to access the FAFSA website AND to electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents such as their FAFSA application. Students who are required to provide parental information on the FAFSA will also need to have their parent’s create an FSA ID. It is imperative the student and their parent (if applicable), create their own FSA ID and do not create one on behalf of the other individual.

    Click HERE to "Create An FSA ID" and/or to review Frequently Asked Questions.

2) Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) and make any necessary changes.

After you have completed your FAFSA application, a Student Aid Report (SAR) will be emailed to you within 72 hours if you provided an email address. If you did not provide an email address your SAR will be mailed to you within 2 weeks. The SAR will contain all the information you submitted on your FAFSA. Once you receive your SAR be sure to review all of the information for accuracy right away, and make any necessary corrections.

3) Email confirmation FAFSA received by FRC Financial Aid Office

Once the FRC Financial Aid Office receives (typically 7-10 business days) the electronically processed financial aid application from the federal central processing system, it will be evaluated. The Financial Aid Office will send an email from financialaid@frc.edu to students notifying them if their FAFSA was successfully received. This email will include information for the student as to what the next steps are in order to complete their financial aid file. Once a student has received this notice, they should check their MyFRC account to review their financial aid and any requirements that need to be completed. 

Note: the email you receive from Federal Student Aid informing you that your FAFSA has been "successfully processed" does not mean that your financial aid application has arrived at our college.

4) Complete Outstanding Requirements listed on MyFRC

Students will need to login to MyFRC and check the Award Status screen which will tell students if there are unsatisfied requirements that need to be completed. There will be forms that need to be printed out and submitted to the office, online authorizations to complete, and if the student has been selected for verification there may be additional documentation that is requested. This documentation may include "Tax Return Transcripts" which can be requested by visiting http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript. For a complete list of requirements the student can check his or her financial aid status on MyFRC, and the forms can be printed off of the FRC Financial Aid website on the forms page. Students failing to provide the requested documentation WILL NOT be eligible to receive federal assistance.

5) Periodically check the status of your financial aid file on MyFRC

Once you have submitted all of the required paperwork and completed all of the requirements listed on MyFRC, wait about 1-2 weeks before checking the status of your file. This will give us time to input your paperwork. If there is any additional information that is being requested, or if there is a change to your award, our office will contact the student via email. CLICK HERE TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR FINANCIAL AID FILE!

  • Continuing To Receive Aid
    Students receiving aid will be required to make satisfactory academic progress. Federal regulations require that all students receiving Title IV aid and some state aid must meet or exceed the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy standards established at this institution. Note: The policy is posted on our website HERE and is available in the Financial Aid Office.

Undocumented Students/AB540

If you qualify as AB540, you may complete the Dream Application in order to apply for California State Aid. Go to https://dream.csac.ca.gov/ to complete your application today!

Federal School Code Search Tool

You can use Federal Student Aid's (FSA) Federal School Code Search Tool to search for colleges you're interested in including on your FAFSA. You can also find detailed college information, like tuition and fee amounts and graduation rates, and compare that information for up to 10 colleges at a time. If you have more than 10 colleges to compare, you must remove some schools from the Selected Schools table in order to add and compare the additional schools.

Student Loans

Student Loans are OPTIONAL, those interested in taking student loans will need to request a Student Loan packet from our office in person or via email. Those students who are first-year, as well as, first-time borrowers at Feather River College must complete both Loan Entrance Counseling and Loan Agreement also known as the Master Promissory Note

How Much Can I Borrow?

FRC is a two-year institution, therefore, students are only eligible to apply for a first-year (less than 30 units earned) or a second-year (30 units or more earned) student loan. However, students accepted into our Bachelor's degree program should contact the Financial Aid Office as they may be eligible for additional loan amounts.

Use the Repayment Estimator now to explore repayment options based on your income.

Helpful Student Loan Videos


Academic Year

Dependent* Students
(except students whose parents are unable to obtain PLUS Loans)

Independent* Students
(and dependent undergraduate students whose parents are unable to obtain PLUS Loans)

Undergraduate Annual Loan Limit
(less than 30 units earned)

$5,500 – No more than $3,500 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.

$9,500 – No more than $3,500 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.

Undergraduate Annual Loan Limit
(30 units or more earned)

$6,500 – No more than $4,500 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.

$10,500 – No more than $4,500 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.

*As defined by the Department of Education for financial aid purposes.

Financial Aid Glossary

When applying for financial aid, students may come across some terms and acronyms that they are unfamiliar with. This is common for many first-time college students and parents but there is no need to worry. Federal Student Aid has an entire glossary to help students and parents understand the various terms and acronyms in financial aid.