Feather River College provides health services to students through a special agreement with the Plumas County Public Health Agency Health Clinic. The Health Clinic is not a full scope medical clinic and its services include family planning, physical assessment, referral, counseling, and health education. All services will be provided by a licensed health care provider. The Clinic is located in the building next to the FRC Residence Hall.
To receive services, students:
- Must call 530-283-6330 to make an appointment. Appointments are available Monday-Friday, 9am - 4pm.
- Must show their FRC ID card with the current semester's validation sticker.
- Under the age of 18 years must have parental consent to receive services, except family planning services, and must provide documentation of such consent before an appointment is made.
Students are responsible for all costs as a result of referral visits including but not limited to prescription medications, lab tests, x-rays, and any hospital emergency room or patient fees.
- Pregnancy testing, family planning, and referral as indicated.
- HIV antibody testing, counseling, and education and referral as needed.
- Assessment and referral to community health care providers or hospital emergency room as needed. Primary or emergent care for issues not in this list, including chronic pain or chronic medical case management, is not provided.
- Immunizations for FRC students who qualify for the Vaccines for Children program.
- TB skin testing.
- Assessment of health risk behavior, counseling, intervention and/or referral as needed.
- Counseling regarding lifestyle decisions toward greater wellness, including diet, exercise, health care intervention, and mental health referrals.
- Assessment of clients for sexually transmitted disease; information and/or referral as needed.
- Facilitate access to Children Health Disability Prevention (CHDP) Services for eligible adolescents.
- Physical assessment and referral as indicated.
- Limited over the counter medications may be provided at no charge. The clinic only prescribes medications, lab tests, x-rays or other diagnostic tests necessary for family planning, sexually transmitted diseases, and tuberculosis.
Feather River College provides students with limited secondary accident insurance coverage in the event of an injury occurring in the course of a college class or activity. All such accidents should be reported immediately to the instructor in charge of the class or activity, Athletic Trainer, or the Human Resources Office. It is the student's responsibility to file any insurance claims with their primary carrier, then with the secondary accident insurance. Claim forms and general information are available in the Human Resources Office.